Fun fact about me: I absolutely love birthday cake-flavored desserts, which is why I’ve made so many healthy versions of them. And this Healthy Birthday Cake Freezer Fudge over delivers on the birthday cake flavor, but it’s suuper easy to make (like even easier than making a from-the-box cake).
It’s one of my favorite snacks—I like cutting it into bite size squares so I can just pop one whenever I’m craving something sweet or feeling hangry (they’ll stabilize your blood sugar ASAP).
They’re also perfect to eat before bed, especially if you have anxiety or insomnia issues—you can learn about this more from Dr. Ellen Vora on the Ask the Doctor: Anxiety edition episode of the podcast—but often, when we wake up anxious in the middle of the night, it’s because of a blood sugar crash, which these little babies will help prevent.
The secret to that amazing birthday cake flavor? WAY too much vanilla and just a hint of almond extract. It somehow gives that bite on the back of your tongue that makes things cake batter-y, and is one of my go-to kitchen tricks.
More of my favorite healthy birthday cake desserts
Like I said, I love all healthy birthday cake desserts, and I’ve made a bunch of them to prove it. Since this Healthy Birthday Cake Freezer Fudge takes like five minutes to make, might I suggest making one of these next.
- Healthy Birthday Cake Energy Balls
- Healthy Birthday Cake Batter Milkshake
- Healthy Birthday Cake Batter Banana Bread
- Healthy Birthday Cake Latte
Besides the fact that they help stabilize your blood sugar, these are one of my go-to snacks for sooo many reasons. They only call for seven ingredients (and that includes the rainbow sprinkles!), and all you’ve got to do is stir, pour, freeze. That’s it! They’re also gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan…should I go on or are you convinced?! Snag the recipe below, and tell me what you think!
Watch it being made!
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
Healthy Birthday Cake Freezer Fudge
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup melted refined coconut oil (if you used unrefined, it’ll still work but it’ll have a hint of a coconut flavor!)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon good-quality vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain mineral salt
- Rainbow sprinkles!!
- Stir together all ingredients except rainbow sprinkles until smooth.
- Pour into a parchment lined loaf pan and add sprinkles on top. Freeze until completely set, at least 4 hours. Cut into pieces and store in the freezer until you’re ready to enjoy!!
Keywords: birthday cake freezer fudge
I’m so glad you love being a part of the Healthier Together community! I think this would work well with creamy cashew butter, too. Let me know if you try it!