This delicious vegan milkshake is made with blended chocolate chips, gluten-free homemade cookie dough, dairy free milk, nut butter, and my secret ingredient to making milkshakes and smoothies SO creamy: frozen cauliflower! Basically, this vegan dessert recipe is so healthy, you can finally have a Cookie Dough Milkshake for breakfast.
This healthy milkshake recipe uses all natural ingredients (no ice cream)
There are two types of people in this world: those who prefer the cookie, and those who prefer the dough. While I ADORE cookies, I fall definitively into the latter camp. In college, I kept a log of Tollhouse chocolate chip in my dorm room fridge, available whenever I needed to pinch off a bite (or three). In my later, more healthy years, I’ve been known to keep a glass container full of this healthy chocolate chip cookie dough in my freezer, digging into it with a spoon on Bachelorette nights or even for breakfast!
And now, in the spirit of summer, I’ve translated my addiction into a milkshake. A completely vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar free, healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Milkshake. You could call this a smoothie and drink it for breakfast – it’s THAT good for you. It’s technically even a green smoothie, even though the secret vegetable inside is white! But the flavor? The flavor is all decadence. It’s rich, buttery, filled with vanilla smoothness and bursting with bites of chocolate. Beyond freezing a bit of non-dairy milk in ice cube trays the night before, the whole thing also comes together in about two minutes flat.
How to make this Cookie Dough Milkshake a superfood shake
You know when people talk about chocolate being a super food? They’re talking about raw cacao, which is packed with theobromine, magnesium, and antioxidants that give you a mellow energy and loads of immune-boosting power. They completely satisfy my chocolate cravings, and I love the faint crunch they give when pulsed into the milkshake. There are a handful of ingredients in this vegan milkshake recipe that give it that supreme cookie dough flavor and superfood nutritional value. You’ll love:
- Almond butter. For that rich butteriness that also packs in healthy fats that will balance your blood sugar and keep you full longer!
- Vanilla extract. A powerful antioxidant that also brings that amazing chocolate chip cookie essence.
- Cacao nibs. Completely unprocessed crushed cacao beans which boast more of chocolate’s amazing nutrients and flavor.
- Cauliflower. This milkshake sneaks in anti-inflammatory cauliflower which adds an amazing creaminess, you’ll be shook that you can’t even taste it.
- Hemp hearts. Studied as a natural remedy for constipation, hemp hearts are filled with protein, fiber and healthy fats that adds creaminess to this milkshake recipe.
How to make this healthy cookie dough milkshake in 2 minutes
One of my core philosophies to healthy living is to add vegetables into every meal – including dessert! Instead of reaching for that tub of refined sugar-filled ice cream in the freezer, I love making a double (or triple) batch of this healthy superfood milkshake to have on hand for a lazy weeknight dessert, for a healthy breakfast, or even to share on date night! Here’s how easy this healthy dessert recipe is to make:
- Make the cookie dough. In a bowl, stir together nut butter, vanilla, maple syrup, almond flour, and sea salt until a thick dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half. Add chocolate chips to one half and roll into cookie dough balls. The other half will go into your blender for the milkshake base!
- Make the milkshake. Add the cauliflower, hemp hearts, banana and non-dairy milk to the blender with the half of the cookie dough. Blend until smooth.
- Make it chocolate chip-y! Pulse in cacao nibs or chocolate chips. Pour into two glasses and garnish with additional chocolate chip pieces. Enjoy!
More healthy cookie dough recipes to try:
- Healthy Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes with 2-Ingredient Caramel Syrup
- Glucose Friendly Cookies and Cream Cookie Dough Bites
- Healthy Cookie Dough Cups
- Healthy Cookie Dough Truffles
- Salted Cookie Dough Banana Bread
- Cookies and Cream Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup creamy unsalted cashew or almond butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 4 tablespoons cacao nibs, chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp hearts
- 1 frozen banana
- In a medium bowl, use your hands to stir together nut butter, vanilla, maple syrup, almond flour and sea salt until a thick dough forms.
- Divide in half. To one half, mix in 2 tbsp of chocolate chips, then roll into balls the size of the chunks you find in cookie dough ice cream.
- Add the other half to a blender and blend with milk, cauliflower, hemp hearts, and banana until smooth.
- Pulse in the remaining 2 tbsp chocolate until it’s distributed but not fully blended.
- Pour into two glasses. Stir in/top with cookie dough chunks! Enjoy with a friend, or save the second serving for tomorrow by storing in the fridge in a mason jar with a lid!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5