You may be the type of person who refers to these Peanut Butter Blossoms as “that peanut butter cookie with the Hershey kiss on top”. Even though most people don’t know what it’s called, we can likely all agree that Peanut Butter Blossoms are delicious! This recipe is so easy to make, you only need 5 simple ingredients.
Let’s break down the ingredients.
This one has just a few ingredients (plus salt, which you could leave out if you use salted PB). These cookies are perfectly chewy, like PB cookie dough, and you get a yummy bit of chocolate in every bite—and you can easily make them vegan with the flax egg option!
Peanut Butter—Nut butters are high in monounsaturated fat, the type of fat linked to reduction in heart disease and better blood sugar control.
Coconut Sugar—This sugar is one of my favorite low-GI, unrefined sweeteners that helps to not cause a spike in blood sugar levels, like other traditional cookie ingredients.
Flax Egg vs. Regular Pastured Egg—I’ve started using flax egg in a ton of other recipes, like my Healthy Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies, for its binding effect. Wondering what a flax egg is? This magical ingredient is just flax seeds mixed with water. Flax seeds have so many amazing nutritional benefits like being high in Omega-3 fats and their natural ability to help lower blood pressure.
Vanilla Extract—Natural vanilla extract can be anti-inflammatory, making using this ingredient not only delicious but also a healthy choice.
Dark Chocolate—Quality dark chocolate has a high cocoa content, making it very nutritious. It’s loaded with minerals and contains soluble fiber which aids in digestion.
Enjoy, and tag me if you make it on Instagram (@lizmoody)—I can’t wait to see!Print
- 1 cup unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 pastured egg (a flax egg works too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Dark chocolate discs, for the center
- Mix together peanut butter, coconut sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until the dough can be rolled into a ping pong-sized ball with your hands.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Start rolling, then place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes, or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from oven and immediately press one disc into the center of each cookie (this helps it melt a bit and adhere to the cookie).
- Let the cookies cool completely before removing from pan.
Keywords: Healthy Peanut Butter Blossoms, 5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossoms, Peanut Butter Blossoms